Dental Implants – Fort Worth, TX
Specialty Care to Rehabilitate Smiles Affected by Tooth Loss
As a board-certified periodontist, Dr. Amjad Almasri has completed years of additional training that make him an expert at placing dental implants as well as completing advanced preparatory treatments like bone grafting. Having placed thousands of dental implants in his 20+ years of experience, he’s able to complete a wide range of cases, from implant crowns to All-on-4. Call our periodontal office today to schedule a consultation and learn more about dental implants in Fort Worth - often considered the gold standard treatment for replacing missing teeth.
Why Choose Periodontal Associates of Fort Worth for Dental Implant Placement?
- Board-Certified Periodontist with 20+ Years Experience
- Serving Fort Worth for Over 60 Years
- Long-Standing, Friendly & Helpful Dental Team
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically placed below the gumline and into the jawbone to restore the root structure of missing teeth. Due to their biocompatible nature, they’re able to naturally fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration, allowing them to anchor any type of restoration in place to rehabilitate a smile. Whether you’re missing a single tooth or an entire row, dental implants can be used to restore any number of missing teeth, making them a versatile solution for most patients.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
- Consultation: Your consultation is the first step on your journey towards rehabilitating your smile. During this visit, our team (or your general dentist) will collect any necessary diagnostic information, which could include digital X-rays of your mouth. Dr. Almasri will go over your medical and oral health history with you and discuss your expectations for the treatment. Once we determine you’re a good candidate for dental implants, we’ll be able to schedule your surgery date.
- Surgery: Dr. Almasri completes all dental implant placements in-office. To access the bone of your mouth, our team will create a window in your gums where we’ll secure the implants into the jaw. We’ll then suture the tissue to allow it to heal around the dental implants.
- Osseointegration & Abutment Placement: Over the next three to six months following your surgery, your implants will naturally integrate with the jawbone. Once the healing process is complete, we’ll attach small metal connector pieces atop the implants, called abutments.
- Restoration Attachment: Finally, our team will attach your customized dental restoration to your abutments to complete your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have a variety of benefits to offer that can be life-changing for patients, including a longevity of 35+ years and a natural look and feel. Going from having gaps in your smile to having a completely functional and full set of teeth can also have advantages for your psychological health, including reduced social anxiety and depression related to the state of your oral health. With countless advantages to offer, dental implants have quickly risen to becoming the gold standard for tooth replacement.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Dental implants can help a variety of patients, including those missing any number of teeth. Those who have been missing teeth for a longer period of time may require advanced preparatory procedures before being able to undergo dental implant surgery. Based on our initial consultation, our team will recommend one or more of the following pathways to restore your smile.
Missing One Tooth
To replace a single missing tooth, Dr. Almasri will secure one dental implant below the gums and into the jawbone. Once it has fused with the bone, we’ll attach an abutment to the implant, which will hold a free-standing dental crown that will fill the gap in your arch.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Unlike traditional dental bridges that require the alteration of your surrounding healthy teeth to be secured to the mouth, implant bridges are anchored to dental implants. This makes the process less invasive and ensures that the lifespan of the restoration isn’t reliant on your existing teeth.
Missing All of Your Teeth
Dr. Almasri offers traditional and All-on-4 implant dentures to replace an entire row of missing teeth. Depending on your needs, your denture can be attached to anywhere from four to eight dental implants placed throughout your arch. Because they’ll have a strong and unwavering foundation that they’ll be attached to, you won’t have to worry about your dentures slipping or shifting.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Each dental implant treatment that we plan is curated for our individual patient’s needs. Because of this, there’s no set cost for the procedure—it’s something that our team will provide you with at your consultation. Once we’ve determined key factors, like how many implants you need to have placed, what type of restoration you require, and whether you need preparatory treatments, we’ll be able to offer a detailed estimate so you know exactly what to expect.